These dates are truly the equivalent to a spa day for me. No, I am not getting pedis and massages, but the gratification that he and I receive from the memories we build in our time together deeply overshadows a full spa treatment. So, in being super transparent and candid in this post on parenting, I would love to share some ideas on relationship building with your toddler.
Dates with Mommy:
- Zoo – We have a zoo membership and my son LOVES it! He loves observing the animals and inquiring on animal facts. Most zoos have free daily feedings and shows for added fun. We love to visit the zoo for an afternoon of Dippin’ Dots and animal watching.
- Children’s Museum – Check out your local children’s museum for a fun filled day of interactive and informative exhibits as well as extra members only parties and events! Jack loves to go to the superhero events so that he can meet Spiderman and get a quick photo.
- Picnic – Pack up a blanket and snack and head on over to your local park. Set up a picnic and have conversation. Ask your little one about their day at school or even simple convo starters like “What is your favorite color?” “Who is your favorite Paw Patrol pup?” Be sure to engage your tot one on one in conversation before allowing play time on the jungle gym. Oh, and play time doesn’t mean propping up on a park bench, you must get up and run the course too! Think of it as killing two birds with one stone, a little QT and workout at the same time!
- Swimming Lessons – This is a HUGE one! First of all, teaching your child to swim is essential if you live in the warmer parts of the world where pools are prevalent. Swimming also counts as time spent together but even more than just building relationship, you are building trust. Trust is very important in a child parent relationship.
- Afternoon Snack – This one is super fun. Head on over to your local favorite restaurant and enjoy a snack together. We love getting a smoothing from the Juice Bar or chips and cheese dip from our favorite local Mexican restaurant.
- Crafts – Jack really enjoys craft time. We choose a craft, make a visit to Michal’s to pick up our supplies, and head home to get to crafting. Make sure that you are not a perfectionist in this activity. Allow your little one to use their imagination and have fun with it!
I would love to learn more about your Mommy Dates! Share some ideas in the comments below and I will add them to our list!
Thank you for reading!
Tiza Bikini Bottoms at Shopbop
Buy Sheena Leggings from PAIGE
Iris Sweater by Isabel Marant
Buy Christmas Tree Sipper from Slant Collecti...
Buy Pet's Today's Special Dog Bowl from Gift ...
steal their style
Shop Skinnydip Crash Brush Portfolio Set
ban.do Best Time Giant Beach Towel
Buy Now at Shopbop