I get constant questions on how I did it? How did I quit my Fortune 100 job climbing the corporate ladder, and give up the easy 9 to 5 for an extremely risky business endeavor? I can tell you one thing, I have had lots of failures and tons of successes with my business in the past 6 years but one thing always remains, I absolutely LOVE my job and being my own boss! Yes it was risky, but not because of the nature of my business. Retail is not a new business model, but the risk lies within the skill set and knowledge level of the entrepreneur. Since I had no experience running a retail shop, the anxiety of failure and insecurity of my competency level always lingered over my shoulder.
6 years later, I have gone through major ups and downs, but through trial and error, and keeping my nose to the grind, I have over come and want to share all of my secrets with other aspiring small business retail owners.
- Zip Code Research and Evaluation
- Researching Your Chosen Market
- Identifying Your Brand
- Developing a Brand Strategy
- Summarizing Your Brand
- Choosing a Business Entity
- Registering Your Business
- Setting Up your Bank Accounts
- Loan Types
- Insurance Options
- Securing Your Assets
- The Trade Off Factor
- Negotiating a Commercial Lease
- Things to Consider in a Lease Agreement
- The Square Footage Effect
- Your POS System
- Merchandising Your Shop
- Setting Up Your Office Space
- Marketing and Collateral Pieces
- Inventory vs Square Footage
- Employee Processes
- Customer Service Processes
- Inventory Processes
- Training Processes
- Choosing Your Employees
- Outsourcing Work
Want a little FREE jump start in your retail venture? I am offering a free Quality Boutique Brand Guide that will give you the insider details on where to find the best brands for your shop!
Want to know more about the course? Just click the Retail Launch picture below and head on over to The Retail Academy to get your start, at your dream.