One of the best medical spa treatments I have had done is laser hair removal! I was a girl who struggled with dark hair that was always visible even after a shave. I was constantly embarrassed in shorts and a swimsuit because if I wasn’t struggling with embarrassing stubble, I was battling a razor rash. Which was more embarrassing? Red bumpy rashes or black manly stubble? I finally made the decision to banish the hair permanently with laser hair removal.
I have shared my experience with the actual process in my post, “How Painful Is Laser Hair Removal,” but what is the aftermath like?
What To Expect After Laser Hair Removal
Immediately After Laser Hair Removal
- You may experience mild redness and bumps
- Itchiness on the treated area
- No makeup, lotion, moisturizer, or deodorant for the first 24 hours
- Avoid the sun
- Do not shave 24 hours before or after
- Wait 6-8 hours to shower
Within the Month
- Dead hairs will begin to shed between 5 and 30 days after your first treatment
- Do not pick, scratch, wax, thread, tweeze the area
- Avoid the tanning bed
- One treatment will likely not be enough. I needed around 6 treatments to complete the process
- Take note where left over hair is growing and notify your technician so they can focus in on that area
I had my legs, bikini, underarms, and lip lasered by the best Memphis medical spa, A Beautiful You Medical Spa. If you are peeking over the fence at laser hair removal, A Beautiful You Medical Spa offers complimentary consultations. If you are not in the Memphis area, contact your local med spa as most of them will offer a consultation.
Nova Crossbody Bag at Shopbop
14k Freshwater Pearl Earrings by Mizuki
Velvet Ruffle Mini Heart Tote fashion
See More Reebok
Shop Ksubi Classic Jacket Lite Up
Kira Enamel Printed Circle Stud Earrings by T...
Puffy Transport Camera Bag
Get the Look