Sometimes Sunday’s need to be celebrated and this morning we decided to enjoy a fun filled morning full of Halloween crafts and a fresh Sunday brunch! I whipped up a delicious shrimp ceviche and living lettuce wrap spread complete with a tasty Charleston bold and spicy bloody mary! By the way, I know ceviche is normally cooked with a citric acid, but I don’t trust my cooking of seafood without using a stove.
The shrimp ceviche was super easy and only took about 10 minutes from start to finish making it the perfect fresh Sunday brunch at home recipe!
1. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and heat.
2. Chop up a half of an onion and cook for 5 minutes in the oil.
3. Add a half a pound of shrimp and cook thoroughly. Once cooked, remove from the stove and put on a dish.
4. Squeeze a half a lime over the shrimp.
5. Slice up a half of an avocado and arrange it over the top of the shrimp ceviche!
6. Pull leaves off the living lettuce, place the shrimp and avocado recipe inside, wrap it up like a burrito, and enjoy!
Yes, that is a bloody mary you see paired with this fresh sunday brunch at home meal! I love a little bloody mary bar. Isn’t it fun to find fun ingredients in the fridge and skewer them up?
I paired my bloody mary with olives, gherkins, and jalapenos!
Want to share this fresh sunday brunch at home meal with your friends and family? Share this on your favorite Pinterest recipe board!