While all opinions are my own, Sam’s Club has sponsored this post.
With the holidays upon us, we are all prepping our Thanksgiving and Christmas menus for the most memorable feast yet. Of course, cooking takes a lot of time so any way to complete a recipe without minimizing the flavor will help to fill the table with delightful treats for your guests. In this post, I am sharing two dessert recipes that the boys love and your guests are sure to marvel over.
Peanut Butter Balls
These are only take about 45 minutes to make and are the perfect dessert for those of us who aren’t top notch bakers. They also only require you to pick up 4 ingredient items from the store to complete.
Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate flavored melting wafers
3 TBSP Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
- Melt your butter and then mix it with the peanut butter in a bowl.
- Once the peanut butter and butter is mixed, slowly sprinkle in the powdered sugar as you mix to create your batter. Although it will seem like 1 cup of powdered sugar is too much, you will need all of the sugar to create structure to your holiday balls.
3. Place your balls on a cookie sheet and put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to firm up.
4. In the meantime, place 2 cups of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate flavored melting wafers in a microwaveable bowl and heat them up in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until they are fully melted. It took me two 30 second heat ups and one additional 15 seconds in the microwave. Of course, all microwaves are different so keep an eye on your wafers.
5. Place your peanut butter balls on a toothpick and dip them in your chocolate wafer melt. Once they are fully covered, place them back on the baking sheet and into the refrigerator to harden.
In 15 minutes, your peanut butter balls will be complete!
This one is a great activity for the kiddos to do at your family holiday gatherings. It does require a little bit of prep but this is a tradition that the children love!
Ghirardelli White Vanilla Flavored Melting Wafers
Sour ribbon candy
Icing for decoration
1. Melt about 2 cups of Ghirardelli White Vanilla Flavored Melting Wafers in a microwaveable bowl.
2. Put a marshmallow on a toothpick and dip them in your vanilla flavored wafers. In order to keep your marshmallows fully covered without drying to a flat surface, you can use Styrofoam (I used plant Styrofoam) to keep them upright.
3. Once you have dipped all of your marshmallows, place them in the fridge for 15 minutes to dry.
4. Now hear is the fun part, building your snowman! Using toothpicks, attach three marshmallows together.
5. Use the pretzel sticks for arms and the sour ribbon for a scarf. You can make a cute snowman face with the icing.
Want to share these fun and easy holiday dessert recipes with your friends and family on Pinterest?
Pin the image below to your favorite recipe board.
Firenze Chain Full Bottoms by ViX Swimwear
Buy Now at Shopbop
Buy Now at Shopbop