Society is always changing, and the state of motherhood is changing with it. Being a mom can be a full-time job whether your kids are potty training, just starting school, earning a driver’s permit, or all of the above. Some society trends are making this job more challenging, but others are giving moms a chance to take better care of their kids and have more time to spend with family. Here are a few mom trends you should know about.
1. Hundreds of Ways to Work From Home
Not so long ago, if you wanted to telecommute or work from home, you had only a few job options to choose from. If you were a great artist or writer, you could hone your craft from home, but for the most part, your work would be waiting for you elsewhere. Now, the internet has allowed all kinds of professionals to get their information and submit their work online, and you can do any number of jobs from home or wherever you take your laptop. Some options include:
- Content creator.
- Search engine evaluator.
These entry-level jobs come with decent enough pay if you’re not the only person in the household working, and you can discover many better-paying positions if you have the right skill set and find the right company to work for. For instance, many people who understand social media and have a strong online following can make money through influencer marketing.
2. Dozens of Diets
Image via Flickr by Theo Crazzolara
Some diets come and go, while others stick around forever. As a mother, choosing your meal plan means not only worrying about your figure but also figuring out what’s good for your children. The latest popular diets offer plenty of possibilities.
- The ketogenic diet is the latest version of the low-carb diet, but it gets more scientific about how many carbs to eat and where to get your other calories and nutrients. It’s a good way to lose weight, but you should avoid causing ketosis in your kids.
- Vegan and vegetarian diets continue to be popular, and with centuries of history and support, you can find good foods and nutrition information for adults and developing bodies alike.
- The MIND diet combines the Mediterranean diet with the DASH diet to create a healthy balance of foods that support both your body and your brain.
3. Growing Subscription Services
Jobs aren’t the only things going online — so are many products and services aimed toward babies and young children. Because parents have a regular need for items such as diapers, baby food, and toys, companies are popping up to offer subscription services that send what you need right to your door every month. It’s mostly a matter of choosing which box you like best.
Being a mom can be tough, even during the best of times. Fortunately, there are many trends you can use to your advantage to make the full-time job of motherhood a little easier.