Despite what many who have not yet had laser hair removal fear, laser hair removal is not more painful than waxing, most people even confessing that waxing is much more uncomfortable. I can agree with this! Laser hair removal is not as painful as I had feared. In fact, it is one of the best med spa treatments I have ever completed! In this post I will go over what laser hair removal feels like, as well as post treatment advice.
How Painful is Laser Hair Removal?
In my opinion, laser hair removal feels like like hot, tiny pinpricks on normal areas and like a little rubber band pop on areas that are more sensitive. The discomfort is only for about a 1/4 of a second and then it is completely gone. It only took about 3-5 minutes to complete my underarms and if you are a big baby like me, the machine can be turned down.
Here are what others are saying about Laser Hair Removal:
- “The general consensus is that laser hair removal hurts less than waxing. It’s often compared to being snapped by a rubber band. But it’s also largely based on your personal pain tolerance and the area of the body being lasered.”
- “Laser hair removal does not hurt more than waxing as the total procedure is not completed at one time. It is safer than waxing, causes no bleeding, and quicker than waxing also. ” – Beautieshe.com
- “When it comes to pain level, laser hair removal falls somewhere between shaving (painless) and waxing (holy hell that hurts).” self.com
- “Temporary discomfort. Permanent results!”
Post Laser Hair Removal Advice
- Wear loose cotton clothing.
- Do not touch the skin in the treatment area.
- Apply 100% Aloe Vera or the ointment that A Beautiful You Med Spa gives you to the treated area.
- Avoid the gym, steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming pool for a full 24 hours. Avoid forms of physical exercise.
- When bathing keep the water lukewarm.
Want to share this post with a friend who is considering Laser Hair Removal on Pinterest? Click the “pinnable” image below and pin away!
Tyler Blouse at Shopbop
Buy Now at Shopbop
Hudson Lanyard at Shopbop