Last night we did a little family Halloween dinner, just me, Mr. Greg and our three boys. I wanted to make our dinner extra spooky, and since my boys (including Mr. Greg) all have a pretty big sweet tooth, I decided to make some monster eye cake balls and skeleton cupcakes. Sharing my recipe with you here.
- Box of Vanilla Cake Mix
- Cupcake Paper Cups
- Vanilla Icing
- Black Writing Icing
This one is super easy!
- Make your cupcakes according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
- After the cupcakes come out of the over and cool for 15 minutes, put vanilla icing on each cupcake.
- Let the vanilla icing sit for about 15 minutes to set, then use the black writing icing to make your skeleton faces.
Monster Eyeball Cake Ball Recipe
- 9 inch Round Cake Pan
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- Vanilla Frosting
- Green Food Coloring Gel
- Candy Monster Eyes
- Vanilla Melting Wafers
- All Purpose Flour
- Wax Paper
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In the 9 inch round pan, make your cake as directed on the box.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble your cake so that it is in little crumbs
- Then, using a spatula, scoop out and put the entire canister of icing into the bowl with the crumbled cake and mix.
- You will need to knead the icing and crumbled cake together to make balls. Dust your hands with all purpose flour and then knead the cake and icing mix together.
- Roll little cake balls up and place them on wax paper
- Prepare your Vanilla Melting Wafer according to the packaging.
- Once your waffers are melted, squirt in some green food coloring and quickly mix. (The wafers will begin to harden quickly)
- Dip your cake balls into the green melted vanilla wafers using a spoon. Roll around to fully coat.
- Immediately after removing your cake ball, put a candy eye on the top so that it will adhere to the ball upon drying.
- Let your monster eye balls sit for 30 minutes until the vanilla wafer coating has hardened.
Would love to learn about your favorite Halloween treats. Please share them in the comments below!
If you would like to share these recipes with your friends and family on Pinterest.
Pin the image below to your favorite recipe board.