With all of the recent abductions and crime events happening around town, I decided to do a little research, as well as find a way to improve my odds if the same happens to me! In this post, I am going to share some shocking truths about abduction statistics in the United States and also share my life saving hack for fighting back if you find yourself in an unfortunate situation. It’s all in the charm!
Before I share my life-saving hack, lets go over some shocking stats on U.S. abductions and kidnappings
Most Shocking Abduction Statistics
- Girls from 12 to 17 years of age are the most typical victims of abduction
- Every year, 600,000 people go missing in the US
- 543,018 people went missing in 2020, more than 340,000 were kids
- 4,400 unidentified bodies are found each year in the US
- Human trafficking is a $150 billion industry worldwide
- 20% of kidnappings end in death
- While the U.S.A does not make the top 10 countries with most kidnappings, Canada is ranked number two! (worldpopulationreview.com 2022)
Life Saving Abduction Hack
I am ABSOLUTELY AMAZED by ADT’s new invisawear technology! The invisawear charms look like necklaces, bracelets, keychains, fitness bands, and even scrunchies but they are actually safety devices! There is a button hidden on the backside. Double-click the button to immediately text up-to five emergency contacts a link to your GPS location & to let them know you need help. Enable the free 9-1-1 feature (US & Canada only) to connect with 9-1-1 dispatchers! This is cutting edge safety technology that is a MUST for your loved ones.
Before I share all my favorite designs, let me tell you all the amazing reasons I trust invisawear:
- Reassurance calls: Feeling unsafe, but on the fence about calling 9-1-1? Now you have 24/7 access to trained ADT security agents. They’ll stay on the phone with you until you feel safe and they can get help to your location if needed.
- Live Video streaming: Walking alone late at night? Have an ADT agent looking out for you via video using the invisaWear app. The agent can quickly get help to your location and provide the video to authorities if requested.
- Voice activation: Create a secret phrase that only you know. If you can’t reach your phone or charm, say your phrase hands-free to alert ADT discreetly.
- Live chat: Bad date? Uncomfortable in a cab ride? If you can’t talk and need to be discreet, text ADT from the invisaWear app for help or just to have a security professional on alert.
- Activity tracking: Going for a jog or a hike? Invite ADT (& optionally emergency contacts) to track you via GPS for up to 4 hours. ADT will alert 9-1-1 and your emergency contacts if the timer you set expires and you don’t respond.
- Live GPS tracking: ADT can get you help quickly if you need it, even if your location changes during an emergency.
- As an invisaWear customer, you also get complimentary access to quarterly virtual self-defense classes taught by renowned self-defense instructor, Jennifer Cassetta.
So I got the sterling silver gold embedded star necklace, but there were so many cute options, it was so hard to choose from. Here are my top 5 invisawear favorites. Oh, and if you want to grab invisawear for yourself or as a gift, use my promo code: CITYCHIC here for 10% off!
Want to share the gift of safety with your friends and family on Pinterest?
Pin the image below to your favorite fashion or safety board!